Following a competitive bid process completed by its member towns and cities, CCM launched an Owner’s Representation Service for Energy Saving Performance Contracting (ESPC).
What is ESPC?
ESPC is a partnership:
- No-upfront-cost contracting method
- An Energy Services Company (ESCo) implements Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs)
- ESCo is paid during project construction from escrow account funded by municipal lease, bond, etc.
- Once construction is completed, energy savings are used to repay lender over time
- ESCo guarantees annual savings ≥ annual program costs for every year of the program
CCM and Energia held a webinar on July 19, 2022: Combating Rising Energy Costs with an Energy Performance Project. You can access the material here.
Contact Information/Case Study
CCM-member municipalities interested in ESPC may contact:
Energia.: Kendra A. McQuilton, Chief Executive Officer, Energia (631) 360-0006, Ext. 409, KMcQuilton@EnergiaSaves.com for assistance.
Click to view Energia's (formerly The ECG Group) case studies for Cheshire, East Haven, Southington, and Waterbury.