The 2022 Newly Elected Day will take place on Saturday, January 8th at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol. Check back here for more information regarding this year’s schedule!
This event is free to attend but you must register in advance. Please click here to register.
These workshops are provided as a free service to all newly elected officials in Connecticut.
The workshop sessions include presentations from recognized experts with lengthy experience covering three core local government subject areas:
- Fundamentals of Municipal Government
- Municipal Budgeting 101
The subject matter is covered in three rotating sessions so that all attendees — new municipal CEOs, new Council members, and new Board of Finance members — receive tailored comprehensive training in each of these critical areas of municipal government.
Who Should Attend?
- Mayors/First Selectmen
- Boards of Finance
- Local Legislators
Why Should You Attend?
- Learn the basics to get you started in municipal governance in Connecticut
- Receive the most current state budget information and its impact on your community
- Receive the current General Assembly Forecast
- Learn about unfunded state mandates and their impact on your town’s ability to provide services, fend off property tax increases, and stabilize your workforce
- Learn how CCM can help you and your municipality
- Receive credits toward becoming a Certified Connecticut Municipal Official (CCMO), CCM’s certification program for municipal officials and employees
For more information, contact CCM Training at email@example.com.