Connecticut Emergency Management Symposium
Each spring, CCM along with the Connecticut Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (DEMHS), the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP), and the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) attract hundreds of local public safety officials and others responsible for responding to mass emergencies. This is the only statewide municipal government event that offers a full day of informative workshops, interactive discussions, networking opportunities, and vendors showcasing relevant products and services.
SAVE THE DATE! The 2019 CT Emergency Management Symposium will take place on Thursday, April 25th. Check back here for updates.
Governor Malloy addresses the 2018 CT EMS back to top
2019 Presentation Topics back to top
Here are some of the topics covered at last year's event. Keep an eye out for the 2019 program schedule.
- FirstNet Initiative Panel: Governance and Implementation
- School Security Update - This Year's Blue Sheet
- CT’s Hurricane Evacuee Recovery Support Initiative and Long Term Recovery Lessons Learned for CT
- Emergency Support Function 2: Catastrophic Communications Failure and Recovery In Puerto Rico
- CT Intelligence Center Briefing on Cyber Security Planning for Municipalities
- Update on Opioid Crisis and Response in Connecticut
- Long Term Care Facilities Mutual Aid Plan: After Action Reports from Connecticut and Florida and Next Steps
- DPH Brief on Flu Outbreak
- CT Citizens Corp Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)/Medical Reserve Corps Briefing
- DEMHS Operations, Training and Exercise Update
- Hurricane Season 2018 Forecast