Position Overview back to top
Portsmouth is a full-service community with 800 full time employees and a budget of $113M.
Qualifications back to top
• A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in political science, business administration or related field. A Master’s Degree in Public Administration is preferred.
• A minimum of five years progressively responsible municipal experience in a community of similar size.
• Extensive knowledge of municipal operations.
• Strong leadership skills, open and honest communication, an approachable collaborative style and significant success in building effective relationships.
• Strong financial, budget, human resources and labor relations experience.
• Strong knowledge and skill in Community Engagement, Sustainability and Smart Cities, the Arts, and Capital Improvements Planning.
• A strong customer service orientation.
• Experience in strategic planning, project management and complex problem solving.
• Ability to work effectively in a wide variety of governmental disciplines.
• Excellent communication skills, public relations skills, and an understanding of community engagement through social media platforms.
• A collaborative leader who values the input of all stakeholders.
Salary/Benefits back to top
Salary is $160,000 to $185,000 DOQ.