ESPCs: Owner’s Representation Service
Following a competitive bid process completed by its member towns and cities, CCM launched an Owner’s Representation Service for Energy Saving Performance Contracting (ESPC).
What is ESPC? back to top
ESPC is a partnership:
- No-upfront-cost contracting method
- An Energy Services Company (ESCo) implements Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs)
- ESCo is paid during project construction from escrow account funded by municipal lease, bond, etc.
- Once construction is completed, energy savings are used to repay lender over time
- ESCo guarantees annual savings ≥ annual program costs for every year of the program