This event is currently being hosted on a separate registration page. Click here to be redirected to the appropriate page.
2022 Newly Elected Day - Virtual
January 08, 2022
DatesSaturday, January 08, 2022
Time9:00 AM - 2:15 PM
Early Bird Discount DeadlineSaturday, January 08, 2022
Registration DeadlineSaturday, January 08, 2022
Due to the increased COVID-19 positivity rate and concerns for attendees' health and safety, this event will now be held virtually via Zoom. Individuals who previously registered for this event, when it was scheduled to be in-person, will automatically be registered for this virtual event. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
These workshops are provided as a free service to all newly elected officials in Connecticut.
The workshop sessions include presentations from recognized experts with lengthy experience covering three core local government subject areas:
- Fundamentals of Municipal Government
- Presented by Matthew Knickerbocker (First Selectman, Town of Bethel)
- Presented by Kari Olson (Partner, Murtha Cullina) & Joseph Szerejko (Associate, Murtha Cullina)
- Municipal Budgeting 101
- Presented by Mike Walsh (Mayor, Town of East Hartford)
The subject matter is covered in three rotating sessions so that all attendees — new municipal CEOs, new Council members, and new Board of Finance members — receive tailored comprehensive training in each of these critical areas of municipal government.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- Learn the basics to get you started in municipal governance in Connecticut
- Receive the most current state budget information and its impact on your community
- Receive the current General Assembly Forecast
- Learn about unfunded state mandates and their impact on your town’s ability to provide services, fend off property tax increases, and stabilize your workforce
- Learn how CCM can help you and your municipality
- Receive credits toward becoming a Certified Connecticut Municipal Official (CCMO), CCM’s certification program for municipal officials and employees
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Mayors/First Selectmen
- Boards of Finance
- Local Legislators
Please contact CCM Training at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 985-5108.
UPDATES & CHANGES: Last minute changes and updates, weather postponements, cancellations, etc. will be posted on this page
CANCELLATION POLICY: We understand your schedule may change. Please let us know if you have registered and can no longer attend.
CONSENT TO CCM FOR USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES: Registration and attendance at CCM workshops, meetings, and events constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the attendee’s image in photographs, videos and electronic reproductions of such events and activities sponsored by CCM.