Business Intelligence & Data Analyst
Business Intelligence & Data Analyst
CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
Is your ordinary extraordinary? Then you belong at CIRMA. We are looking for a Data Management Analyst who lives and breathes data management, business intelligence and database technologies to help implement Guidewire InfoCenter and DataHub technology solutions.
Diversity in thought and opportunity. Collaborative Culture. Camaraderie and shared responsibility. That’s CIRMA. For nearly four decades we have empowered our members through financial stability and success. Our delivery of innovative, industry-leading products and services has made CIRMA Connecticut’s number one choice for Municipalities, Public School and Local Public Entities. CIRMA provides an unmatched alternative to the commercial insurance market by focusing on our members’ satisfaction and loss reduction through deep experience in claim and risk management.
SOUND GOOD? HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Work in a hands-on capacity to customize and deliver Guidewire’s InfoCenter and DataHub solutions using ETL and BI tools for Business Intelligence, Data Migration and Data Integration
- Perform Data Profiling, Data Analytics and Data Mapping
- Develop ETL logic to integrate and/or migrate data from legacy system and Guidewire applications
- Design and develop ETL logic to extend and publish data marts in enterprise data warehouse
- Design and develop BI to create new and update existing Business Intelligence
- Cognos 11.x reporting and administration experience would be ideal, other reporting systems knowledge preferred
- Test and execute initial and delta loads of persistent operational data store and enterprise data warehouse
- Fine-tune all ETL processes to maximize performance
Qualifications back to top
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL NEED TO BRING THE FOLLOWING SKILLS TO THE TABLE:
- Experience in or knowledge of relational database theory
- Knowledge of data-warehousing, Data Marts (including star and snowflake schemas) and BI
- Design best practices and techniques
- Experience in or knowledge of Data Mapping and Data Modeling
- SQL scripting skills including query optimization
- Experience using ETL tools
- Experience using BI tools (e.g. Cognos – preferred, SSRS, etc.)
YOU’LL ALSO NEED THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong communication skills and the drive to meet problem solving challenges with a high degree of ownership and delivery
- Innovative thinking
- Keen writing skills – ability to produce clear, concise and high quality technical and business documents
- A desire to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- A strong sense of accountability and self-motivation
- Strong ability to think critically and aptitude for problem solving
- Experience in property and casualty insurance
- Familiarity in agile project delivery practices
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or a related field
Salary/Benefits back to top
CIRMA’S PHILOSOPHY IS TO PROVIDE EXEMPLARY COMPENSATION PACKAGES TO ITS EMPLOYEES. WE OFFER COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES, INCLUDING:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans—some of the most competitive plans out there.
- Flexible schedules and healthy work/life balance—these are not just trendy buzz words at CIRMA.
- Generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions—we invest in you and your future.
- Paid vacation and holiday time / Tuition Reimbursement / Employer-paid staff develop & training programs—again, we care for and invest in one of our most valuable assets. You!