Position Overview back to top
Under the direction of the Land Use Administrative Officer, issues zoning permits and coordinates the issuance of other applicable land use permits; administers and enforces zoning regulations and approval conditions; conducts field inspections and completes related documents; performs related duties as required.
Qualifications back to top
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited high school and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in building construction and/or construction inspection, architectural drafting, land surveying or closely related field. NOTE: An Associate’s degree in City Planning, Architecture, Civil Engineering or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience as described above.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: At time of appointment, possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
SCOPE OF EXAMINATION: There will be a written examination weighted 100% which will test for the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the theories and practices of municipal zoning.
- Knowledge of City and State regulations, Charter provisions, statutes and case law relating to zoning and land use management.
- Knowledge of procedures, practices and methods of conducting inspections and investigations.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical studies and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to utilize computer software programs.
How to Apply back to top
A completed “City of Stamford Application for Examination or Employment” must be postmarked or submitted by the closing date of June 7, 2019 to be considered eligible for purposes of this examination. A resume and/or other correspondence will not be considered as equivalent to an application. Applications can be obtained at the City of Stamford, Human Resources Division, 9th Floor, 888 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, Connecticut or at www.stamfordct.gov.
Please note: Only properly completed and submitted applications will be considered.