Position Overview back to top
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under the general direction of the Director of Operations or designee, is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, supervising and evaluating the operational, maintenance and acquisition programs for the City of Stamford’s vehicles and related equipment. Supervises Vehicle Maintenance facility and staff; prepares and monitors operating and capital budget; administers Fleet Preventative Maintenance Program; does related work as required.
Qualifications back to top
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of administrative procedures, including budgeting, planning, personnel management, inventory control and records management.
- Thorough knowledge of the mechanical engineering and business principles related to the design, operation, repair and maintenance of automotive equipment, and specialized highway and Construction equipment, including automated work orders and Computer-Aided Fleet/Maintenance Management.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state safety requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of standard practices, methods, tools, and machines of the various skilled mechanical trades.
- Thorough knowledge of the types and capabilities of equipment used in the performance of municipal work and services.
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to deal effectively with others, including public officials and members of the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative experience in fleet management, two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity OR a satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and experience as described above.
SCOPE OF EXAMINATION: There will not be a written examination. Qualified applicants will be ranked according to their education, training and experience.
Salary Range back to top
$97,131 - $124,584 (Annual)
How to Apply back to top
FILING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants are advised to submit a fully completed application form along with their resume, listing all related degrees, training and work experience. Incomplete applications or those submitted without a resume will be rejected. Applications of candidates who do not meet the stated position requirements will not be considered. Position is open until filled. Applications can be obtained at the City of Stamford, Human Resources Division, 9th Floor, and 888 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, Connecticut or at www.stamfordct.gov.