Prescription Drug Savings Program
Save on your prescription costs
As another benefit of membership, CCM municipal members can offer their residents a solution to the soaring cost of prescription drugs — at no cost to the town or city. CCM’s FREE prescription discount card saves an average of 45 percent off the retail price of medications, as well as providing discounts on vision, LASIK and hearing care services. It’s especially valuable for people without health insurance or a traditional pharmacy benefit plan, or for patients with prescriptions not covered by insurance.
KEY BENEFITS back to top
There is simply no reason not to take advantage of this CCM-sponsored program, especially when you consider all the value it provides — at no cost to participants.
- Free for residents and municipalities as long as the municipality is a member of CCM
- Coverage for all family members, even pets, as long as it’s a medication that also treats a human condition
- Easy access to cards that can be mailed to residents or downloaded at CTRxdiscountcard.com
- Widely accepted at all national chain pharmacies and most local independent pharmacies
- Automatically activated for immediate use at any participating pharmacy
- Vision discounts of 20% off usual/customary fee for eye exams; 50 percent off frames/lenses; everyday low pricing and free shipping on online lenses
- LASIK discounts of 40-50% off the national average cost (accepted at 600+ locations nationwide from credentialed physicians)
- 35-65% savings on hearing services from a national network of local ear physicians and audiologists and on brand-name hearing aids/products
In addition to all the benefits for residents, the program also offers no-cost promotional and administrative support for municipal leaders to help market the advantages of this program.
Testimonials back to top
Joseph Maturo, Mayor of East Haven, said, “The savings of almost $130,000 has enabled the card users to receive relief from the continued rising costs of medical care. Many of these dollars have been utilized in other 'staple' purchases vital to many of our families. Despite the emergence of the CT Health Insurance Exchange, with the current number of unemployed, many people today are still without medical coverage or and still more remain underinsured. Our desire to subscribe to this program has obviously given us the kind of results initially hoped for.”
PROGRAM PROVIDER back to top
ProAct, Inc. is an experienced discount card provider that negotiates discount rates directly with participating pharmacies.