Position Overview back to top
Requires maintaining a complete set of all financial ledgers for all funds; requires good knowledge, skill and ability in municipal accounting.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers; prepares/posts journal entries (including interfunding). Prepares monthly trial balance.
- Maintains bank accounts, moves money to investment accounts, deposits monies received from all departments except tax collector’s; reconciles bank statements by imputing data into a computerized financial management system.
- Reconciles School Lunch Fund and Board of Education Grants Funds to BOE records.
- Purchasing agent for the majority of office supplies.
- Sets up users on financial management system and monitors.
Qualifications back to top
Associate’s degree in accounting, plus 2 years progressively responsible bookkeeping or accounting record keeping experience involving use of a computer (MS Word, Excel), or equivalent combination of education and qualifying experience.
Additional Information back to top
Workweek 35 hours; starting salary $48,559; union; full benefits package.
How to Apply back to top
Send application & resume: First Selectwoman’s Office, P.O. Box 71, Portland, CT 06480-0071
Town of Portland, CT (EOE)