Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
Are you looking for a place to be innovative and technology driven? The Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) is a Public Entity Risk Pool with expertise in the complex world of municipal risk management. Over the past 37 years, CIRMA has been the premier market in providing Workers’ Compensation, Liability-Auto-Property insurance, along with our outstanding Risk Management Services, to Connecticut’s towns, schools, and local public agencies where you work, live, learn and play. Unlike most commercial insurers, CIRMA’s Board of Directors is comprised of a representative body of public officials from the Connecticut towns and cities that we insure. CIRMA works closely with our members, business partners and strategic alliances helping to build safer communities and empowering our members in managing their unique losses and exposures.
CIRMA’s model of Vision, Mission and Values contributes to our continued success and financial strength:
- Insuring 85% of Connecticut’s Cities, Towns, Schools and Local Public Agencies
- 100% Member Retention
- $97M Earned Premium
- $365M Assets
- $20M Members’ Equity Distribution over the past 7 years
As a CIRMA Sr. Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in a collaborative work environment in cross-functional teams, contributing to the ongoing success of our members and organization through advancement of our strategic technological initiatives. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Risk Management & Business Analytics, this position requires strong communication skills and the drive to take on problem solving challenges with a high degree of ownership. Innovative thinking, along with follow through on the development and implementation of solutions that consider the impact on core business functions and business processes, is key in supporting CIRMA’s strategic business strategies.
Qualifications back to top
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experienced in both agile and scrum methodology approaches.
- Experienced in web application development.
- Experienced in iOS and Android development.
- Experienced with data warehousing and cloud-based technologies.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structure concepts.
- Strong understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to identify, reduce and/or eliminate inefficiencies resulting in streamlined automated processes.
- Strong team building skills with the ability to support and educate less experienced staff.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
Salary/Benefits back to top
CCM/CIRMA’s philosophy is to provide exemplary compensation packages to its employees. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages including:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer-paid staff develop and training programs
- Flexible schedules and healthy work/life balance
- Company-issued electronic devices
- Credit Union membership