Risk Management Consultant
Risk Management Consultant
CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
The Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) is a Public Entity Risk Pool with expertise in the complex world of municipal risk management. Over the past 37 years, CIRMA has been the premier market in providing Workers’ Compensation, Liability-Auto-Property insurance, along with our outstanding Risk Management Services, to Connecticut’s towns, schools, and local public agencies where you work, live, learn and play. Unlike most commercial insurers, CIRMA’s Board of Directors is comprised of a representative body of public officials from the Connecticut towns and cities that we insure. CIRMA works closely with our members, business partners and strategic alliances helping to build safer communities and empowering our members in managing their unique losses and exposures.
CIRMA’s model of Vision, Mission and Values contributes to our continued success and financial strength:
- Insuring 85% of Connecticut’s Cities, Towns, Schools and Local Public Agencies
- 100% Member Retention
- $97M Earned Premium
- $365M Assets
- $20M Members’ Equity Distribution over the past 7 years
As a CIRMA Risk Management Consultant, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in a collaborative work environment in cross-functional teams, contributing to the ongoing success of our members and organization. Following an Enterprise Risk Management approach, our consultants provide a full range of consultative services throughout all levels of our membership. Strong communication and relationship building skills, coupled with analytical abilities, are key in helping our members create a culture of safety and risk management.
Qualifications back to top
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience required. Other professional insurance designations are preferred, but not required.
- Valid CT Driver’s License required.
- Experience working in, or with, municipalities is a plus.
- Ability to benchmark, measure and analyze loss trends.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to develop and deliver presentations to individuals and groups.
- Develop and implement tailored risk management programs at all levels of executive management.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
Salary/Benefits back to top
CCM/CIRMA’s philosophy is to provide exemplary compensation packages to its employees. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages including:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer-paid staff develop and training programs
- Flexible schedules and healthy work/life balance
- Company vehicle for risk management position
- Credit Union membership