Senior Risk Management Consultant
Senior Risk Management Consultant
CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
The Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) is a Public Entity Risk Pool with expertise in the complex world of municipal risk management. Over the past 38 years, CIRMA has been the premier market in providing Workers’ Compensation and Liability-Auto-Property insurance, along with our outstanding Risk Management Services, to Connecticut’s towns, schools, and local public agencies – “Helping Our Members to Build Safer & Better Communities to Live, Learn, & Work in”.
CIRMA is the leading, most trusted and strategic insurance and risk management partner for Connecticut cities, towns, school districts, and Local Public Agencies. Unlike most commercial insurers, CIRMA’s Board of Directors is comprised of a representative body of public officials from the Connecticut towns and cities that we insure. CIRMA works closely with our members, business partners and a network of strategic alliances helping to build safer communities, and empowering our members in managing their unique losses and exposures. We do this by utilizing superior technology in a data driven environment, offering innovative solutions and value-added products & services, all the while maintaining performance excellence.
CIRMA’s business model of Vision, Mission and Values contributes to our continued success and financial strength:
- Insuring over 85% of Connecticut’s Cities, Towns, Schools and Local Public Agencies
- Above 95% in Member Retention
- Over $97M in Earned Premium
- In Excess of $365M in Assets
- Over $24M in Members’ Equity Distributions over the past 8 years
As a CIRMA Risk Management Consultant, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in a collaborative work environment in cross-functional teams, contributing to the ongoing success of our members and organization. Following an Enterprise Risk Management approach, our consultants help our members to eliminate losses through Onsite Consultative Services, Regional & Online Training & Education and offering risk management solutions tailored for Connecticut municipalities. Strong communication and relationship building skills, coupled with analytical abilities, are key in helping our members create and sustain a culture of safety and risk management.
Qualifications back to top
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience required. Other professional certification is preferred or must be completed within the first year of employment.
- Valid CT Driver’s License required.
- Experience working in, or with, municipalities or Public Entity industry.
- Solid understanding Property & Casualty insurance lines.
- Keen ability to benchmark, measure and analyze loss trends for development of complex risk management programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to develop and deliver presentations to individuals and groups.
- Develop and implement tailored risk management programs at all levels of executive management.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and interpersonal skills.
Salary/Benefits back to top
CIRMA’s philosophy is to provide exemplary compensation packages to its employees. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages including:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, including generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions
- Paid Vacation and Holiday time, including Flexible Work Schedules and Healthy Work/Life Balance
- Tuition Reimbursement, including Employer-paid staff develop and training programs
- Company vehicle for risk management position