CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
“Helping Our Members to Build Safer & Better Communities to Live, Learn, & Work In”
The Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) is Connecticut’s market leader in providing risk management and insurance solutions to Connecticut public entities. CIRMA’s mission is to ensure the availability of coverage at reasonable prices, create stability in the marketplace, prevent accidents and manage injuries through tailored risk and claims management, and empower members to manage risk. Member-owned and member-governed, CIRMA provides Workers' Compensation as well as Liability-Auto-Property coverages to Connecticut towns, cities, schools and local public agencies. CIRMA additionally offers third party workers' compensation claims and risk management services to self-insured municipalities. Member loyalty and participation has enabled CIRMA to become Connecticut's leading provider of municipal insurance and risk management services, while helping our members to build safer and better communities to live, learn and work in.
We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing to provide hands-on entrepreneurial leadership as a member of our management team. The person in this seat will serve as the link between CIRMA’s executive and senior management team to set goals, determine the appropriate strategies, align resources, and create a plan to drive the Company to achieve stated goals. The Director will work closely with the executive team to align the plan with CIRMA’s vision and strategy.
The Marketing Director will be savvy with and have enthusiasm for online communication channels: social media, customer review and responses, email marketing, and the next medium on the horizon. This individual will demonstrate creativity and intellectual agility to be the voice of our company in branding, a social media setting and for our customers. Marketing Cloud experience is definitely a plus!
Responsibilities back to top
- Create and manage a wide variety of engaging online and print campaigns
- Develop innovative ideas to connect customer needs with business goals
- Analyze and present marketing plans and results to the executive and senior leadership team
- Collaborate with operational managers and initiatives
- Drive projects that include matrix resources such as content, creative, and development
- Manage social media presence and identify areas to improve engagement and monitor metrics that improve traffic to these sites. Develop copy for ads, collateral, blogs, white papers, etc.
- Oversee tradeshow activities including budget, presence, message strategies and lead generation activities.
- Oversee media relation functions on the writing of press releases, copy for marketing materials, reports, advertisements, and other related material. Actively develop story ideas, draft and edit press releases, interface with editors and pursue earned media.
- Manage corporate communications and work with corporate leadership on communications strategy. Assist with executive communications, including presentations, written communications and videos.
Qualifications back to top
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, organizational communication, or similar field of study
- 8-12 years of agency or company experience with progressive responsibility, including team or departmental recruitment, development and management responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership experience and a passion for serving, learning, and mentoring
- Ability to work well in an open, collaborative team environment
- Demonstrate creativity by exploring new ways to engage and identify traditional mediums, as well as current trends to reach target audiences
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and results-driven
- Proficiency with a variety of software tools
- Project Management skills
- A high energy and highly motivated individual with strong external and internal customer focus.
- Strong team-building skills and demonstrated skills engaging and collaborating with diverse constituents around a cause or project
- Flexibility, excellent problem-solving ability, perseverance and follow-through
Salary/Benefits back to top
CIRMA’s philosophy is to provide exemplary compensation packages to its employees. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages including:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Tuition Reimbursement, including Employer-paid staff develop and training programs
- Flexible schedules and healthy work/life balance
- Company vehicle for risk management position