Junior Software Engineer
Junior Software Engineer
CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
Are you looking for a place to be innovative and technology driven? The Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA), located on Long Wharf Drive in New Haven, CT, overlooking scenic Long Island Sound, is a Public Entity Risk Pool with expertise in the complex world of municipal risk management. Over the past 38 years, CIRMA has been the premier market in providing Workers’ Compensation and Liability-Auto-Property insurance, along with our outstanding Risk Management Services, to Connecticut’s towns, schools, and local public agencies where you learn, work, live and play. Unlike most commercial insurers, CIRMA’s Board of Directors is comprised of a representative body of public officials from the Connecticut towns and cities that we insure. CIRMA works closely with our members, business partners and strategic alliances helping to build safer communities and empowering our members in managing their unique losses and exposures.
CIRMA’s model of Vision, Mission and Values contributes to our continued success and financial strength:
- Insuring over 85% of Connecticut’s Cities, Towns, Schools and Local Public Agencies
- Over 99% Member Retention
- Over $97M Earned Premium
- Over $365M Assets
- Over $20M Members’ Equity Distribution over the past 7 years
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in a collaborative work environment in cross-functional teams, contributing to the ongoing success of our members and organization through advancement of our strategic technological initiatives. Reporting within CIRMA’s Business Analytics department, this position requires strong communication skills and the drive to take on problem solving challenges with a high degree of ownership. Innovative thinking, along with follow through on the development and implementation of solutions that consider the impact on core business functions and business processes, is key in supporting CIRMA’s strategic business strategies.
Qualifications back to top
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Programming experience: Java, Python, R, Spark, GOSU, SQL, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Jupyter, RStudio, GIT, Powershell, AWS CLI.
- Experience with BI and OLAP tools for data mining, analytics, reporting and dashboards.
- Experience with AWS cloud hosting technologies: Compute, Storage, Developer Tools, Database, Management.
- Experience and strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL database technologies and concepts.
- Experience with Data Lake and Data Warehousing technologies.
- Strong collaborative and time management skills.
- Strong desire to learn and grow.
Salary/Benefits back to top
CIRMA’s philosophy is to provide exemplary compensation packages to its employees. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages including:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer-paid staff develop and training programs
- Flexible schedules and healthy work/life balance
- Company-issued electronic devices
- Credit Union membership