CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
The Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) is a Public Entity Risk Pool with expertise in the complex world of municipal risk management. Over the past 38 years, CIRMA has been the premier market in providing Workers’ Compensation and Liability-Auto-Property insurance, along with our outstanding Risk Management Services, to Connecticut’s towns, schools, and local public agencies – “Helping Our Members to Build Safer & Better Communities to Live, Learn, & Work in”.
CIRMA is the leading, most trusted and strategic insurance and risk management partner for Connecticut cities, towns, school districts, and Local Public Agencies. Unlike most commercial insurers, CIRMA’s Board of Directors is comprised of a representative body of public officials from the Connecticut towns and cities that we insure. CIRMA works closely with our members, business partners and a network of strategic alliances helping to build safer communities, and empowering our members in managing their unique losses and exposures. We do this by utilizing superior technology in a data driven environment, offering innovative solutions and value-added products & services, all the while maintaining performance excellence.
CIRMA’s business model of Vision, Mission and Values contributes to our continued success and financial strength:
- Insuring over 85% of Connecticut’s Cities, Towns, Schools and Local Public Agencies
- Above 95% in Member Retention
- Over $97M in Earned Premium
- In Excess of $365M in Assets
- Over $24M in Members’ Equity Distributions over the past 8 years
We are seeking an organized and proactive executive assistant to join our organization. You will work directly with our top executives to ensure all administrative tasks are efficiently and effectively implemented. Must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and a wide breadth of experience managing administrative responsibilities while maintaining confidentiality.
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support as needed, including but not limited to:
- Assist the CIRMA Vice Presidents in the development of spreadsheets, charts, and graphs. Prepare charts to keep projects on schedule, as needed.
- Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings and various department activities across all functional lines of CIRMA.
- Responsible for coordinating calendars, agendas, meeting materials, logistics, and other activities related to the various CIRMA committees.
- Prepare and design general correspondences, memos, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update project plans, meeting minutes, annual reports, etc., for the CIRMA Vice Presidents and their departments. Maintain and retrieve information from electronic files when needed.
- Make travel arrangements for the Vice Presidents as needed.
- Act as liaison with other departments throughout the organization. Handle confidential and non-routine information as required.
- Manage workflow, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly.
- Maintain appropriate filing systems and contact lists.
Qualifications back to top
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
The skills and knowledge required would generally be acquired with a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5+ years’ experience as an administrative assistant or in office administrative support, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or a senior level office administrative assistant.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment.
- Dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with staff, municipal officials, various service providers (hotel, travel agents, etc.) and the public.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and handle on-site logistics.
- Experience with complex file management.
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Salary/Benefits back to top
CIRMA’s philosophy is to provide exemplary compensation packages to its employees. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages including:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Tuition Reimbursement, including Employer-paid staff develop and training programs
- Flexible schedules and healthy work/life balance
- Company vehicle for risk management position