IT Database Specialist
IT Database Specialist
CCM, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
The Connecticut Conference of Municipalities (CCM) seeks an experienced IT Database Specialist for its offices in downtown New Haven. As an IT Database Specialist, you’ll work with state-of-the-art relational database technologies and be part of a team that’s developing mission critical applications and systems. You’ll be responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of all functions of relational database systems.
Responsibilities back to top
- Partner with project teams and interact with customers to find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and proposed databases
- Designs, implements, executes, and troubleshoots database backup and restore processes among several environments (includes development, QA, staging, and production).
- Creates, executes, and interprets results from simple to moderately complex ad hoc SQL queries.
- Monitors, interprets, and troubleshoots SQL server health of moderate complexity including database status, security, indexing, logging, and similar issues that could affect system performance, security, integrity, and/or availability.
- Investigates, recommends, applies, and/or coordinates application changes to SQL data, SQL databases, SQL server settings, instance settings, and database code.
- Identifies, recommends and champions improvements to database infrastructure that increases performance, reduces cost, improves availability, and/or provides more value to customers.
- Act as a liaison serving as primary point of contact between application business segments, software database vendors and database administrators
- Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with database server software and end-user (client) software.
- Adheres to and complies with company database standards, policies, procedures, and best practices; assists with creating and/or updating, as dictated by business needs.
- CCM’s IT environment is a fast past environment. You’ll be expected to work cross functionally bringing smart ideas and solutions through design, implementation, support and maintenance.
Qualifications back to top
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server in a complex enterprise environment
- 5+ years of Database Administration experience with the knowledge and ability to perform in all of the basic database management skills of database administration
- 5+ years of experience working with Application and/or System Database Administrators and development teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of database management and query
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Requires a thorough understanding of the principles and practices of database administration, database terms, concepts and database software installation/ configuration. Windows Server Operating System software, terms, concepts, installation, and configuration
- Experience developing and maintaining documentation
- Experience with Data Warehouses and/or Data Marts
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint
- Experience with MySQL database administration